Thursday, September 06, 2007

hoohoohobos fortuitous logos - back cover

In 1984, at considerable expense, I published a bookwork documenting the language I had used as captions to two railcar icons, commonly known as gypsysphinx and Colossus of Roads, or at least the ones I had kept up with, beginning in 1975, and extending until 1982 when Colossus was the signifying caption as definitive identity. Big yawn non-interest no sales exposed the delusional aspects of my runaway imagination and zero marketing skills. This deflating failure caused the cessation of calendar squares documentation, yet I continued the necessary expression of words and image dispatch. Eventually I mailed the publication to print or Zine oriented mail art shows, or bartered away copies as exchange with other book artists, and even sold a few account North Bank Fred's placement on his website, untill the hundred or so bound copies were gone. Recently I found, fleshed out & rebound a few with one-of-a-kind addendums, from this forgotten cache
that bespoke true dementia with extremely limited editions of encaustic transfer stamp sheets, of 11 (errant ersatz), and 28 (drives a cartoon chokes in the clutch), respectively from 1984.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Hi buZ, just popped in to say howdy. I have been making some books too at LULU online. got ten printed for a the Manchester Book Fair soon. Its a labour of love mostly and I don't exepct to sell many espeacillay as the paper quality is rather disappointing and photo copy-like.

8:47 AM  
Blogger buZ blurr said...

Michael..Thanks for the comment. Good luck at the book fair. Never could have been a publisher myself without cheap xeroxes and thin tenuous paper.

9:00 PM  
Blogger (OvO) said...

Greetings buZ,

I'm delighted and flattered to see my photos here on your blog. It surprises me to learn that the general response to your book was yawn-inducing. Those folks in the know to whom I've shown our copy have been awed by it. It's a treasure and so are you. :)

On a sidenote, I put out a call among my friends and coworkers for unneeded keys and now have a slowly but steadily growing collection. I'll be sending them off to Surrealville soon.

1:57 PM  
Blogger buZ blurr said...

OVO..thanks for your comments. There's no accounting taste, or the heights of delusional expectations.
Keys are always welcome and anticipated. Filling the Ford (Fully) Folly is acknowledgement of same.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home